Ok,

So I got a copy of this operating system (AT&T SystemV V4 R2.1) for x86
and I am dying to play with it. But of course, I have some questions that
need answering first ;)

1) Where can I find an HCL for this? I have tried about 10 different
machines, and the only one that would boot the loader is (was) a Compaq of
all things. I need a generic HCL so I can assemble a box for it.

2) When I did have it briefly installed, it seemed not to have a compiler.
What might I do about that?

3) I couldn't detect any networking or any NIC drivers, but I was told
that TCP/IP networking was core to this release, and it must be somewhere.
Any SysV networking gurus?

4) What can I do for software? What can and can not be expected to
compile?

Just a few random questions..

          -.bill.layer.- .-frogtown.mn.usa.-

.-Microsoft.Windows.XP.- -.suddenly.everything.sucks-.