Use your floppy boot disk to log on to your distro...

Besides getting new drivers from Nvidia's website...maybe try updating your
copy of XFree86?  4.2.0 just came out, but I know 4.1 works fine as that is
what Red Hat 7.2 uses on my machine.  http://www.xfree86.org/

Otherwise, I'm not sure....I'm relatively new to Linux and am still
learning, learning, learning!  Good luck.