On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 12:08:06PM -0600, Jim Crumley wrote:

> I don't get any noticeable FM interference.  It probably has to
> do with the lower frequencies used by AM, though it might be
> intrinsic to the difference between amplitude and frequency
> modification.

More so the latter.  Any diode can be a rectifier and get your signal
back from AM, where as FM needs a lot of clever things to work right
-- I don't think a discriminator occurs in nature.  That's part of the
reason why RF guys often tell the gullible that FM stands for "F***ing
Magic."

--
www.rephil.org

"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood