On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 12:09, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I just noticed that Gentoo Linux apparently offers support for LVM (and
> various journaling file systems) as an installation option. Now armed
> with the wisdom of Clay following the last TCLUG meeting I may give
> Gentoo a try with the LVM support. Have others used Gentoo? I think
> Idiot Ben was working with it a bit. Anyone have any recented
> experiences to share?

i haven't tried gentoo since rc6. I stopped contributing because it took
too much time, and they had some real problems with settling on
standards and such. I really like the way gentoo does alot of things.
The package management system is quite cool. It supports an interesting
dependancy based init system. There are lots of reasons to tinker with
gentoo. And lots of reasons not to.