* Dave Sherohman <esper at sherohman.org> [020118 13:12]:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 03:09:09PM -0600, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> > TELNET BAD! SSH MARGINALLY BETTER!
> OK, Ben, I'm stumped...  What do you consider to be a good tool for
> remote admin?  Or is ssh the least bad?

Under some circumstances a MITM attack can be done.

I would advise using OPIE to avoid some of those attacks, but then you
can't assume that the link is 'secure' but at least your password is.

To make sure its secure, be sure to carry what you know the key
fingerprint is with you to verify on a machine before you make a
connection.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/

the desire for space travel is a metaphor for escape