Sorry about the late response;

Turns out that it still runs fine under RH 6.2 and not under 7.x. And yes,
I still think it has something to do with the C++ libs. So I ended up
installing 6.2 and its up and running with one exception, the HTTP server
(thet one that comes with Domino) does not run, it says it can't bind to
the port.  No other services are bound to port 80 (did a netstat).  I
think it has something to do with how my box is setup, I just did a rapid
install and basically changed nothing from the default install.

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Joshua b. Jore wrote:
> Have you tried any dev work on it? I'm going to be working on a Domino::
> set of modules shortly using the C++ API. I've been wondering how well
> this will work since I'll do all the dev on a W2K laptop and mostly just
> hope that it works ok for the other platforms. I figure the C++ API and
> Perl-XS can be talked to in a relatively platform neutral manner. Or
> that's my hope anyway.

I haven't done any devel on the API on Linux yet, but I have on winders
using C, not C++.  I guess I'm stuck in the dark ages.  I don't see why
you couldn't use perl stuff to talk to domino, I wish I had time to write
something though.

Thanks!