* Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy at veldy.net> [020118 09:50]:
> Morpheus).  When that upload pipe is plugged, the download pipe will stall.
> It won't matter if you have 1Gbps download if you can't upload your acks.

Please, let us all know where you obtained this crackpipe.

A) Intelligent QoS can get ACK's queued up before other uploaded
traffic.  I don't know if cable modems do this allready, but I guess
they do because I don't see the problems you state.

B) Anyone who thinks that I'm really sharing *that much* with each
neighbor in bandwidth on a HFC network is mistaken.  There really is
fiber out on the curb, ya know.  Let's say I share this physical cable
segment with my neighbors, lets say 100 houses in this area, I still
think thats better shared bandwidth charastics than many k12 schools in
the metro area have on their lans (at least at maple grove it is).

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/

the desire for space travel is a metaphor for escape