On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 11:43:51AM -0800, jack at jacku.com wrote:
> I've seen ads for the "Super Computer Sale" at Canterbury Park this weekend.
> Do people really find good deals at this show?  Is it worth going?

When I first started putting computers together, this is where I began.  I was
awestruck by the sheer volume of electronic gadgetry.  The sight of all that
electronics was truely heart-warming.  As my knowledge about computers and
their components grew, the less I came to value the "Super Computer Sale" and
the more I appreciated local vendors.

There certainly are good deals to be found at the SCS, as well as on line at
PriceWatch.com, etc.  I enjoy the personal attention and accessibility of local
vendors, and I'll pay the slight markup.  If I have a problem with my
equipment, I can avoid shipping charges that I would otherwise have with an
out-of-state vendor.

The SCS is a cool thing to attend, if only once.  Beyond that, it's really only
good for entertainment value.  Don't expect too much.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc.  Send email w/the Subject: "get help"