I am messing with more MySql, trying to dump tables to .txt files. I am getting permission denied within this:

mysqldump -uroot -p Meet_A_Geek Customers >MeetAGeek_Customers.txt

I get the same without specifying the user. I was messing with mysqladmin and getting the same type of problems, when I discovered the password is blank, nothing there. It gives me the info I need without any password. I looked up how to change it, but all I can find is info on changing it from one password to another. I am guessing the problems are related. Can I get any pointers on how to set the password and get a successful dump?

Raymond