On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 02:52:56PM -0600, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:52:41PM -0600, Florin Iucha wrote:
>
> > There is no demonstrably secure platform, except one that is unplugged
> > and locked into a safe 10k feet under the sea.
>
> No, there are (few) others.

And how many of those are installed/maintained by home users with the
purpose of handling granma's e-mail and children's photo album?

florin

PS: I would be willing to argue that uncrackability of a system is
undecidable, but I will let that for a beer-meeting.

PS/2: A more secure system is more inconvenient for authorized users to
accessi and use. So a perfectly secure system is one that doesn't allow any
users to do anything. At that point you might as well unplug it an put
it on the bottom of the ocean...

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4