On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 08:42:58AM -0600, Leif Hvidsten wrote:

> If you go over to netcraft, you'll see there are plenty of people running
> Apache and IIS servers within Roadrunner's netblock:
>
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/hosted?netname=RR-CENTRAL-2BLK,65.28.0.0,65.31
> .255.255
>
> I'm sure this is only a small sampling too.

Right, but this doesn't mean that the ISPs don't have the right to not
only shut down those ports, but they could turn off the offenders'
cable modem service -- ***if _they_ choose***.  So do it or not, as your
conscience permits, but you don't get to complain if they make it go
away.

It's like speeding -- there are lots of people driving 80 mph, but if
they have to pay a big fine or hospital bill as a direct result,
there's no sympathy for complainers.

--
www.rephil.org

"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood