On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 08:46, Scott Dier wrote:
> * Kevin Bullock <kbullock at ringworld.org> [020115 20:48]:
> > More Microsoft FUD. The basic content is, "Embedded Linux isn't viable
> > because it doesn't support our proprietary protocols, even though it
>
> Read-as: We really dont like the existance of jCIFS and Samba.
>
> --

This is probably the least sensible FUD they've tried.  The folks who
manufacture hardware have the time and expertise to look into OS issues
thoroughly.  It's too bad about the implosion of BSD when it was taken
over by Wind River, as it looked like they were ready to roll out an
embedded BSD box that, basically, was going to be the Swiss Army Knife.
--
There's a widow in sleepy Chester