on 1/14/02 11:56 AM, Michael Glaser at mglaser at umn.edu wrote:

> Has anyone done it? If so, where can I find the software to install it? I have
> heard of Yellow Dog Linux, but it looks like it does not run on this model.

MKLinux <ftp://ftp.mklinux.org/pub/mklinux-pre-R1/> is probably the only
option for that machine.  Not nearly so well regarded as YellowDog or
LinuxPPC, but it's something.

> I have access to an Apple PowerBook 1400c laptop that currently has Mac OS 9
> on

The machine would also be speeded up dramatically by ditching OS 9 and
installing OS 8.1. 8.5 and .6 aren't much faster than 9.

8.1 is the the right combination of lightweight/fast and compatable with
newer software for that machine.