On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 11:06:24AM -0600, andy at theasis.com wrote:
> > Another good reason I haven't seen yet is that if say /home/
> > has its own partition, a user app going nuts and filling up
> > the partition won't trash the machine.  Nice segmentation there.
>
> Of course, then the same is true for /var, in the case of logs that grow
> fast or are never rotated.

florin at bear:~$ ls -l /var/log/lvm
-rw-r-----    1 root     adm       8010970 Jan 14 14:10 /var/log/lvm

I have to trim that hog every other day...

florin

PS. I know about logrotate. It was just annoying that debian forgot to
add lvm to logrotate and my server started bouncing e-mail.

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4