On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Florin Iucha wrote:
> ls -l /dev/hda1
> it should print something like:
> brw-rw----    1 root     disk       3,   1 Oct 15 01:00 /dev/hda1

Yup, that's what it prints.

>    rm -rf /dev/hda1
>    <run MAKEDEV /dev/hda1>

yup, tried that too.  The MAKEDEV script that's in the /dev directory just
gives me the error

./MAKEDEV: major_usb/acm/%d=166: No such file or directory
./MAKEDEV: don't know how to make device "/dev/hda1"

The script that's in the linux/scripts/ directory does a mknod 3,2 (I
assume that means major 3, minor 2?) but it still gives me the error when
I try to mount the drive.

I found the long way around by FTP'ing the file to a server, reboot into
Windows, FTP the file back down.  Kinda stupid but at least I have a
workaround.  I'd much rather use mount :-)

-Brian