On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 01:41:08PM -0600, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
> I don't think the backup thing is wise -- put it on other media.  And
> I *do* know what distro, etc.  Anyway, with multiple disks, you can
> backup and reformat faster.
>
> Partitions: 0  Multiple disks: 2

My points on Why Partitions are Good Things have all been made
already, but I haven't seen anyone point out that your method of
evaluation and scorekeeping is unfair.  You asked why you would want
to have multiple partitions, and that is the question that people are
answering, but your 'multiple partitions vs. multiple disks'
scorekeeping is really 'multiple partitions (on a single disk) vs.
(multiple partitions on) multiple disks'.

Multiple partitions are multiple partitions, regardless of whether
they're on the same physical device or not.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss