On Wednesday 31 October 2001 10:08 am, Amy Tanner wrote:
> What do I need to add to my grub.conf file to boot a previously-installed
> win2k OS?

I just finished my dual-boot for Win2K.  I have the Win2K as the primary
device  (hda)  Here's my menu entry:

title WIN2K
root (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

I think you'll need to point the root to the hard-drive (hdx, x=0-?
corresponding to a, b, c).  The second number is the partition number
(starting with 0 not 1) so /dev/hdc1 would be root (hd2, 0).

Also, windows may not like thinking it's not the primary device/partition, so
you may need to include a map command that exchanges the Win drive to the
primary drive and vice-versa (like this, I think, but I may have the order
wrong on where to place the map command):

title WIN2K
root (hd0,0)
map (hd0) (hd2)
map (hd2) (hd0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

I found that building a boot floppy to test the menu first saved me all kinds
of headaches., including when installing software seemed to mess with the MBR
(trying to force a reboot??)

Hope this helps

   - Dave