Just buy a domain, and run your own MTA with its own domain and talk to it
with encryption to mail to  your work cronies.  Have them send ical or vcal
if you need the all important schedule applications (and have the added
benefit of them not being able to micro-manage you by not allowing them to
see your entire schedule).
I did not do this at work as they allow relaying from the internal network
and Sendmail on my box can handle talking to that old Exchange 5.5 for smtp
outgoing mail and with pop mail still enabled, I can still pull down mail.

Of course this is meant as a joke, but you have to admit, it would be fun.

Kelly Black
KB0GBJ