> Tim Wilson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Douglas Mosman wrote:
> >
> > > Use the T568A wiring pattern (vs. T568B).  I'm finding some
> SOHO stuff that is
> > > just wire-coded for T568A.
> >
> > Anybody know the history of the A and B patterns? I've always used B
> > (that's what someone told me to use a few years ago), but I don't know
> > if it's better.
> >
> > -Tim

The only difference between T568A and T568B is that the green and orange
wire pairs are switched.  So, you only have to decide one scheme to use, and
if you have components only labeled with the scheme you are not using, you
only have to switch:
	white-orange with white-green
	orange with green

Search the archives of this list.  Wiring schemes have been thoroughly
hashed over in recent months.

-Dan