From: Bob Tanner [mailto:tanner at real-time.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 10:21 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Linux and Win2K TOC the same?

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011030/tc/tech_intel_napster_dc_2.html

"In any case, using Linux is not much cheaper than Windows 2000. Although
Linux
as an operating system is free, the real costs are related to the computers,
and
support and maintenance, he said."

I might be blinded by by religion and this group my not have the ability to
let
the religion go, but can anyone look outside the box on this and comment?

My perspective is Linux is much cheaper then Windows. Even if you pay for a
distro you are starting out ahead. Add the virus resistence, stability,
reliability, and security out of the box. Linux should be have a better TOC
then
Win2k.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700