Hi Yaron!

Congrats on the new mortgage!
Here I just have cat 5e that I got a spool of at Menards. 1000ft if I
remember right, about $80.
I didn't get fancy with patch panels, just some biege
boxes that mount on the wall with 6 jacks. These things can house coax,
rj11 and rj45 jacks, probably more. The jacks themselves are just inserts
that fit in the beige box. These same inserts fit in the wall plates as
well. If you need more than 6, and have a big budget, then you might
indeed want to look at patch panels. I got all this stuff at
Menards. Personally, as far as hubs/switches go, I'd stay away from any
linksys stuff. Both mine and a friends turned out to be total garbage.

Again, congrats!

Mike Jentges