I have a semi off-topic question for the group, mainly geared towards people
working in large envrionments (>10,000 desktops).

I currently work at a large corporation where we have ~50,000 desktops.  I'm
wondering what other people on this list who work at companies like this do
for administration of these workstations, such as software rollout,
re-imaging, etc.  To be honest, we are mainly a Netware shop, with some NT,
and only small amount of rogue machines running Linux.  Most of the software
is rolled out through login scripts, and not through SMS or ZENWorks,
although we are working desperately to get to that point, its just an ugly
ride.

Also, how have people gotten Linux in the doors at companies like this.  We
have very leary managers who still equate free software with cheap software,
no matter how much time I tell them otherwise.  I'm currently lobbying to
get some distributions looked at to help preform specific tasks, such as
simple data entry, and then branch out from there.  Getting it into server
positions is probably not going to happen, unless it will play _extremely_
well with AD and NDS.  Any other suggestions for how to get it brought in?

Any ideas/suggestions people can offer would be greatly appreciated,
especially for how corporations are dealing with the software rollout and
machine re-imaging.

Thanks.