I have a small home network behind a firewall, so small that I haven't
thought it worth having a name server.  My desktop machine runs
sendmail (I know, I should probably change to qmail or postfix, but
that seems like a lot of effort for low payoff on a single-user
machine) and keeps putting into my system logs a record that a
gethostbyaddr call on its own (unroutable) address has failed.

I'm assuming I don't need to worry about this.  Is there any way to
kill the error message (or should I just let it happen and filter it
out of my log-watcher)?

Thanks,