Twin Cities Free-Net (http://tcfreenet.org) is yet again at a turning point
in its tomultuous history.  After a rocky 2001 inspired a very agreeable
hosting arrangement , it has lower expenses than ever before, which means
it's free to move in new directions.

It also has less board members than ever before, due to the poor outlook
during that rocky period.  The board will be appointing people to four seats,
and we need candidates.

TCFN itself is a FreeBSD system, but there are Linux opportunities ... for
example, one possible scenario is that we stop giving away VT100
terminals and start leasing (and/or giving away) Linux boxes with rock-solid,
graphical Web browsers and e-mail clients.  (The Free-Net has historically
avoided offering free PPP because the IRS frowned upon it, but due to the
demise of commercial free PPP services, we might start filling that gap.)

In any case, if you're interested in helping to point the direction of a
nonprofit organization that aims to bring people together through Internet
technologies, send a letter of intent to board at tcfreenet.org.  The board will
be looking mostly for skills like fundraising, publicity, and management, and
experience working with disadvantaged people is a plus as well.

Thanks!  --Ben

(By the way, I got the routing problem fixed -- thanks for the help.)