I installed a double boot, Windows 95 and SuSE 7.0 Pro, system at Midwest
Electronics yesterday. I was very surprised by the interest generated.

Several customers were quite knowledgeable about Linux and had installed
systems of their own. An employee of the store had been learning Linux for
a while. In fact Linux seemed to be the main attraction, with hardware
ignored.

The complexity of Linux can be justified if people are shown the power of
Linux. Both vendors and their customers only seem to need the slightest
exposure to Linux.

Since Minneapolis (etc.) is quite a trek, I can only hope they can keep the
system alive.