Good effort.

Learning Linux is like "learning" to golf. Mastering Linux is like
"mastering" golf. Lots of time.

Linux differs from Windows in that one is allowed to master Linux.

I wish my wife and kids would "try" to learn Linux. Just like I wish they
would "try" to fix their own cars. But, of course, they just want to drive
the car and pretend the complexity is not there. I've found myself keeping
four females operating four nice cars and four nice Windows boxes.  That's
basically what systems administrators do, try keep other people happy.

Some day I'll find the time to fix my car, play some golf, and begin to
master Linux.