On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 12:37:35PM -0600, Mike Hicks wrote:
> Does anyone have a good method for setting up devfs on a Debian
> testing box?  I figured I'd try it out on my laptop.  I've hunted
> around with Google, but haven't found much on how to do it (though
> there's plenty of more generic devfs discussion..)

1) apt-get install devfsd
2) Make sure devfsd is compiled into the kernel or loaded in your initrd
   scripts.
3) If not enabled by default in the kernel, add this line to your append
   in lilo or your kenrel line in /boot/grub/menu.lst.

        devfs=mount

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie at wookimus.net)