On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:33:00PM -0600, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I'm pretty new to all the workings of Procmail, etc.. Just curious if it
> plays any role for people who are pulling mail from the server using
> Outlook Express. All my users are accessing their mail from win9x machines,
> and it is my limited understanding that Procmail is for local delivery to
> mail boxes on the server? Any clarification would be appreciated.

AFAIK, Outlook uses proprietary file formats to store its email
messages, so you'd be out of luck when it comes to 3rd party tools
such as procmail.

You might, however, find the following to be of interest:

http://unixmail-w32.sourceforge.net/

Unixmail for Windows is a suite of unix mail tools, including the
popular fetchmail, mutt, and GPG, that runs on top of CygWin (a free
toolkit that provides unix-like functionality under windows).  Doesn't
currently include procmail, but that appears to be coming "soon."

Joel