On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Joel Rosenberg wrote:

> Logging on does -- and I've monitored it -- not consume a whole lot of
> bandwidth, not when we're talking about a 100-meg network or network segment
> that isn't a constant problem when people are doing more bandwidth-intensive
> stuff than that.

Well, one particular bottleneck is a specific SQL application.  At
least, that's where the problem seems to manifest itself the most.  At 7
AM, it's fine.  At 9 AM, it's fine.  At 8 AM... God help you.  I plan to
set up an analyzer of some sort (ntop may be the winner) to take a look at
that segment and capture trends from 7 AM to 9 AM.  I'm hoping to see a
massive spike between 7:45 and 8:15.

I might give Observer a try as well.

-Brian