> Some people post to
> the devel list that are not members, and request that they be "Cc:" into
> every reply.
	IMHO, if someone isn't willing to go through the effort to join a
list where people might help them; I'm not going to go out of my way to help
them. meet me halfway, on the mailing list.

> Other developers HATE, despise, and curse people who include them in the
> "Cc:" as a result of poor use of email clients or simple laziness.

	seems like a good argument in favor of munging otherwise-unset

> This
> complaint resides under the logic that the developer already subscribes
> to the list and don't want two copies, and it is usually never a reason
> to add "Reply-To" munging.
	why is it not a reason? setting unset Reply-To: headers will make
users more inclined to reply only to the list.

> Alternatively, if the discussion is to be taken off list, the "Reply-To"
> field is a better seed for such redirection.
	then make sure the list software doesn't reset otherwise-set

> "Reply-To" is simply far too useful to go munging it with a listserver.
	then mung it when it's not otherwise used, and leave it alone when
it is.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer