On Monday 25 February 2002 03:54 pm, you wrote:
As of this writing, I'm downloading the Mandrake 8.2 beta 3 isos; is there
anybody who wants me to upload copies to some local ftp host?

Early reports are that 8.2 appears to be pretty stable at this point,
although with still some bugs and glitches; for details, see

http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?lang=en&sid=1913

I'd caution against upgrading if you're using root RAID (as I am); that's
apparently a tricky/risk proposition at this point, but probably not a bad
idea for a new installation.

Anybody else using root RAID, btw?  It used to be bleeding edge, but both the
current Mandrake and (as I understand it) recent Red Hat versions make it
easy -- it's just a matter of creating a non-RAID boot partition, creating
the RAID (your choice of flavors; I'm using RAID-5) partition, a file system
on it, and assigning it as the / partitition.
--
There's a widow in sleepy Chester