On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:54:50 -0600
Steve Grobe <steveg at transition.com> wrote:

> Check out the very first line.  This is working for me
> using bind 9.x.  Good luck.
>

> $TTL 3h
> ; SOA RECORD AREA

Okay, cool this worked.  Haven't had a chance to look at Bind's website yet, though I need to.  I got past this issue, but came up with another.  Nothing new huh?  Now I'm getting a now "0 SOA records" and "could not find NS and/or SOA records" in my in-addr-arpa zones.  Dang changes between versions...  Gotta go research this.  Might swing by Barnes and Noble tomorrow after work and see if they have the new book that cover Bind 9.  Which sucks because my no-longer-current one is less than 6 months old...

Thanks to everyone  who helped on my first issue, much appreciated.  If I understand this correctly, I should now have a time to live, and should theoretically be able to look things up via name, but not reverse/ip yet correct?

Shawn