Ok folks, political/richard morrell rants aside, I have a
couple of questions about smooth wall.

1. when I issued a halt command while logged onto the box
with smoothwall installed I saw a message that said "eth0
entering promiscuous mode" as the box was shutting down.
Is this just a way of saying that it is resetting the
ipchains policies back to the default accept or something
more sinister?  In my experience promiscuous mode is not a
good thing for you card to be at unless you are running a
sniffer.

2. is this product any good.  I haven't seen any hacks for
it yet but I don't know if it is any good.

Cheers,

rotbau