On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 06:39:43PM -0600, Mike Hicks wrote:
> I set a "Reply-To" address on my outgoing mail (which is probably bad,
> since some mailing lists won't touch a pre-existing header), so people
> know to reply to my @csom address rather than my IP.

Actually, that is exactly what "Reply-To" headers are supposed to be
used for.  IMHO, "Reply-To" headers are for the /original sender/ to ask
recipients to send to a different destination for replies than that
which is found in the "From:" header.  Arguably, the sender could have
tried to spoof the "From:" header before sending the email.  You may
wish to try this, though it sounds like your SMTP server is being rather
draconic as well.

Mutt has decided to use the "Mail-Followup-To:" header to resolve some
of the ambiguity and obvious dissonance around the use of the "Reply-To"
header.  It's unlikely your SMTP server will clean this header out of
its outgoing email.

--
^chewie    (Info via "chewie at wookimus.net" with the Subject: "get info")