On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 11:43:21PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:

> My point was approaching walmart about helping people who buy this os-less PC
> get linux installed. Thus helping the linux community.

Its probably a moot point right now anyway.  As far as I can
tell, the OS-less computers are only a pilot program at
walmart.com, and won't be sold at physical stores yet anyway.

> Hate/Like walmart doesn't come into the equation. Heck, if MS would start to
> sell a Linux distro that didn't have some hidden license on it I'd welcome it
> into the "family" and help people install it too./

Hey, I never meant to say I was against helping people who buy
these computers from Walmart, just against _encouraging_ people
to buy computers from Walmart. Better to encourage people to buy
from small shops like GNS or Tran, or if they want to buy from a
chain store, at least buy from an electronics chain store where
there's at least a chance of getting help.

Anyway, sorry I kicked this thread into OT land - I knew I
should have just let it go ;).  I've got other reasons to hate
Walmart, but I _will_ just let them go :).