Okay, well, I understand that this will be VERY hard to comprehend, but ---

Sun made some mention about 6 weeks or so back that they were
considering charging for Star Office because they were hearing a LOT of
feedback from corporate america that they wouldn't consider using it
unless they could pay for it. The perception being that if it was free
then Sun wasn't standing behind it.

Gotta say that I've seen this attitude at several of the companies I've
worked at as a consultant.  Can't use freeware, there's nobody to sue.
Like they'd ever actually sued a software vendor.

Of course, I think OpenOffice will remain free, so you'll kind of have a
choice of buying StarOffice and getting the add-on goodies or using
OpenOffice.  I don't think Sun can very well take back the freed code.

I WILL be interested to see how much Sun decides to charge.