On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 09:27:02AM -0600, Jim Herrick wrote:
> > > Actually, your certificate has an incorrect common name in it of
> > > mailman.real-time.com, perhaps the link should be that, or perhaps the
> > > certificate should be different?
> > >

> > IE is the only browser that has problems viewing it. All other browser I
> have
> > tested prompt you to say it's ok to accept the cert.
>
> Bug OR security related-feature?
>
> Hmmm...

Well, every other browser I've used pops up a dialog window saying that
there is no trust currently invested in the signer of the certificate,
and are you sure you want to continue.  Theoretically, any normal user
would be able to read this and decide which sort of personal information
they are willing to give to a site with a questionable certificate.

Of course, from what I understand, Windows XP is similarly restrictive
on who it accepts to sign drivers.
--
Brian Hicks <hick0142 at umn.edu> <http://eight.dhs.org> <PGP:0xADDD1F16>
	This message would self-destruct in 10 seconds, except I'm