I hate Wal-Mart as well. So?

Installing Linux on machines wherever they are from is a good thing.

If Wal-Mart start selling OS-less PC's and allows a LUG to perform free
Linux installs at their stores then what harm is there? A few years down
the line we'll see more OS-less machines everywhere as prices drop a few
USD's...

Personally I always have Wednesday's off. I'd be happy to camp at a
local Wal-Mart and install Red Hat for a few hours every day.

I'd be interested to see how well the hardware is supported in Linux
though.

--
Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET - We Build Communities