On Sat, 2002-02-23, Chris Johnson Bidler <cbidler at innominatus.com>
wrote:

> As a fellow Visor/USB user, I'd just like to note how *weird* the Visor
> system setup is.  The reason it won't work with kpilot, for example, is
> that the Visor USB device doesn't "exist" from your kernel's point of
> view except for the brief window of time when the Visor is actively
> attempting to sync with the box.

Have you tried the LONG_TIMEOUT kernel option?

  USB long timeout for slow-responding devices (some MGE Ellipse UPSes)
  CONFIG_USB_LONG_TIMEOUT
    This option makes the standard time out a bit longer.  Basically,
    some devices are just slow to respond, so this makes usb more
    patient.  There should be no harm in selecting this, but it is
    needed for some MGE Ellipse UPSes.

    If you have an MGE Ellipse UPS, or you see timeouts in HID
    transactions, say Y; otherwise say N.

I'm curious to see if this helps.  I've never managed to get USB of any
sort working on my lemon of a Motherboard, so I cannot test it.

I use a Visor with Serial Sync.  Works fine with evolution.  I also
strongly recommend the sitescooper and plucker apps to keep your
handheld's memory full of articles to read during meetings.

Michael Kellen
--
$ fortune -m Kellen