On Friday 22 February 2002 09:23 pm, you wrote:
> My original Palm Pilot just bit the dust, and I want to replace it
> with something that will interface well with Linux.  I'm interested in
> hearing about what kinds of handhelds people in the Linux world are
> using, and how well they interface with Linux.
>
> So I'd appreciate anyone responding with stories about what you have
> and what you like or don't like about it.
>
> In particular, I've been considering one of the Handspring Visor
> models.  Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with
> them?

I finally got my Visor, with USB port, working with Linux, but it only works
-- for me -- with jpilot and coldsync, as opposed to kpilot.  Didn't do
anything special -- the upgrade to Mandrake 8.1 was what did it.

I haven't yet spent the time or trouble to try to get the Avantgo-type
clients working.

Not nearly as neat as the integration with Outlook -- and I can't get it to
sync with Evolution -- but jpilot, while fairly primitive, does have the
essential functions.

I'd give it a B-.
--
There's a widow in sleepy Chester