"Chad C. Walstrom" <chewie at wookimus.net> wrote:

> Anyway, I did end up making my little Reply-To recipe nice and small:

Erm, can you explain why Reply-To is so evil?  I actually end up doing the
opposite and adding Reply-To headers for some mailing lists that I'm on.

Actually, I need to use Reply-To at work, since we use Lotus Notes over at
the Carlson School.  I came in and installed Linux on a system, didn't get
around to putting together a Windows box for another year.  Due to the
annoying way Notes works, I ended up forwarding mail directly to my Linux
box.  Lotus decided to be `smart' and figured that instead of
mhicks at csom.umn.edu, my directory entry should tell people to mail
directly to my forwarding address, which ends up being something like
mike@[12.34.56.78].

I set a Reply-To address on my outgoing mail (which is probably bad, since
some mailing lists won't touch a pre-existing header), so people know to
reply to my @csom address rather than my IP.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   The sooner you fall behind,
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   the more time you'll have