On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Steve Grobe wrote:
> First Dell sells systems with Linux preinstalled,
> IBM starts selling mainframes with Linux,
> HP starts supporting Linux on some workstations,
> and now Walmart (the largest company in the world)
> is offering systems without windows preinstalled.

 Yep.  I actually brought this up at the beermeeting last night.  The
general response I got was people pointing out that the hardware wasn't
that great.  I'm sorry, but this really does set a precedent.  It's a big
deal, and the timing was excellent.  Microsoft can't make a strong move
against Walmart, not with antitrust accusations hanging over their head.
 We'll see how this turns out.

     Jima