On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 10:33:14PM -0600, Jon Schewe wrote:
> Ok, I'm sure someone has to have solved this before, I just can't get the
> right search on google.  I've got XFree86-4.1.0 installed along with the 3dfx
> drivers.  3Ddiag says I've got everything configured ok and the 3D
> screensavers in xscreensaver work fine.  Now I'm trying quake3 and I get the
> following:

Don't use the 3dfx drivers, use Mesa, it provides libGL.so:

...setting mode 3: 640 480
Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.1
XF86DGA Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
XFree86-VidModeExtension Activated at 640x480
Using 4/4/4 Color bits, 16 depth, 0 stencil display.
GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI Voodoo3 20010501 x86/MMX/3DNow!

[poptix at tranq poptix]$ rpm -q -f /usr/lib/libGL.so
Mesa-devel-3.4.2-7

I get around 62fps @ 640x480 (Voodoo3 3000 AGP)