You make some good points.  I think a disturbing proportion of the traffic
on this list tends to be counterproductive, or even hostile, toward the
general advancement of linux (worse than being OT, IMHO).

In my opinion, it would be good for TCLUG to adopt a mission statement
akin to the mission statement of a local gaming convention I'm somewhat
involved with (http://www.conofthenorth.org/about.html - hosted at
Real-Time, BTW).  Maybe something like the following would be appropriate.

    TCLUG is a volunteer run non-profit organization formed for the
    purpose of fostering a sense of community among linux users, promoting
    the use of linux, and providing the linux community with the best
    possible environment for growth.

Joel

PS.  Tabs are evil.

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 Paul Overby wrote:
> TCLUG Mission statement
>     TCLUG exists for the purpose of exchanging email among members
>     who are, were, or might sometime in the future have some interest
>     in Linux unless they are, were, or might be sometime in the future
>     a windows user in which case Linux would not be appropriate for
>     them.  We could care less about anyone suspecting we might be a
>     group of dedicated professionals, especially windows users who
>     will never understand our special need for the command line and
>     remote administration.
<snip>