Sweet.  I always wanted a Timex-Sinclair 2068, but did not spend the cash.
My first puter was a TS-1000 w/ 2K.
http://www.algonet.se/~rsm/zx/clones/timex-sinclair.html

It actually ran at 3.5 MHz clock and blanked the screen when running in
"fast" mode where it did not do any screen updates.

I did read a few posts on the Elks list with some people wanting to port the
sub-Linux Elks kernel to a Z80.  Wonder if anybody did anything with that.  I
know UZIX was discussed as a possible starting point (Z80 in an MSX box)
http://uzix.sourceforge.net/uzix_links.html
But it looks like it did not gain momentum.

Anybody tried this:
http://LNG.sourceforge.net/
(Unix for C64 and C128)  Not that anybody would admit to owning such a
creature!

Kelly Black
KB0GBJ