Scott Raun <sraun at fireopal.org> writes:

> OK, I got a telnet session into port 110, and it claims to be talking.
>
> Is there something that I have to do for a user account to be able to
> access POP3?

Insufficient data.  The POP3 server you run has to be compatible with
the way that user's email is stored, and has to know how to validate
that user's access.  Are they a a regular user (have a user id and a
line in /etc/passwd), or something else?  Is their mail delivered into
an mbox, maildir, or something else, where is it located, and what is
it named?  What POP3 server is it you're trying to get going?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  Ghugle: the Fannish Ghod of Queries
        Book log: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/Ouroboros/booknotes/