On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Ben Lutgens wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 01:41:31PM -0600, Jim Kaufman wrote:
> >
> >Well, the target audience is the TCPC group. They are knowledgeable
> >about PCs, but know little of Linux. I think I can stretch out the talk
> >for at least twenty minutes. Then we can all get a beer.
> >

> Why bother? None of those people will use linux anyway. They are "windows"
> users. There's very little reason for them to switch.

You bother because there are some users who have no experienc with Linx,
or who heard a horror story from a friend about some other friend of
theirs who tried Linux and couldn't get their sound to work and how it's
such a difficult OS to deal with.  You bother to show such users that
Linux really isn't that difficult.

I'ts this sort of cynical "you stay on your side of the fence and I'll
stay on mine" attitude that poisons people toward even considering Linux
as an alternative, IMHO.

Just my $.02.

Dan