Jay Kline <list at slushpupie.com> writes:

> On Monday 18 February 2002 12:13 pm, you wrote:
> > My first PC was a Heathkit H-100 with dual 8088/8085 so you could use CP/M,
> > since there was so little software for the Z-DOS 1.0 OS.  It came with dual
> > 360K drives and my printer had true descenders, too and 192K of system RAM
> > and 64K of video RAM expandable to 192K (at about $100/64K, if you
> > installed it yourself).
> >
> > Ah, yes the good old days...4.77 MHz and considering it fast!
> >

> Prepare to feel old- the first system I had was a P75 :-)
> (Though I did use a 386 previously)

I feel old.

Do you feel young?

I owned at least 5 computers before I owned a 386.

I worked on at least 8 different *types* of computer before I ever
owned a computer.

The first computer I programmed did not have any sort of disk drive.
It had 20,000 *decimal digits* of magnetic core memory.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  Ghugle: the Fannish Ghod of Queries
        Book log: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/Ouroboros/booknotes/