On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 12:06:13PM -0600, Shawn Fertch wrote:
> If a software company were to pull all licenses for existing software that
> was released prior to their currently marketed software, for no other
> reason than to force companies to upgrade, I would see that as a bad
> marketing move.  One would think that it would give people/companies
> deciding to either upgrade or buy the software from said company a second
> thought.

In the consumer market, sure.

When you get into the higher-end stuff, though, that changes.  I used
to work for a (now dead) voicemail software company whose license
terms basically said, "You must upgrade whenever we release a new
version of our software."

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss