Hey all,

Ok, so I got the 1000' of Cat5e, a bunch of RJ45 Cat5e-certified jacks,
faceplates and modules, etc. And I wired the crap out of the place.

Being a complete dork, I didn't test the first wire I put in. I just put
in about 12, punched everything down (using the 568B scheme), and THen
plugged a machine in one end and patched over to the switch on the other
end.

Link light comes on, 100M light comes on, DHCP server sees machine send
request, machine doesn't see DHCP server send reply.

I tested all the cables outside the walls and they're fine. I tried
several different machines and NICs, and it looks like they can all
transmit and not receive.

Naturally I have no Cat5 testing equipment, but I opened up a few plugsto
make sure I _did_ in fact punch everything down correctly, and it looks
like I did.

Anyone have any clues/suggestions?

-Yaron